What are the Key Benefits of Rainwater Harvesting?
There are numerous benefits to installing a Rainwater Harvesting system; below are the 10 key reasons from our customers:
- You save money simply because you use less from your mains supply. You can save 50% to 80% of your water bills. Commercial buildings can save even more money owing to their larger roofs and higher water use.
- The average house can harvest 64,000 litres of rain water a year from their roof…that’s 213 water butts!
- It enhances a property and gains Eco-homes rating points.
- Rainwater is much better for your plant, and is not subject to hosepipe bans.
- An average person uses around 18,000 litres of water annually just to flush toilets and wash clothes, so from the environmental perspective, rainwater harvesting is a logical choice.
- Water meters are becoming mandatory, and water costs are significantly increasing due to pipe repairs and water shortages. Using rainwater will reduce your metered mains water and save you money.
- It provides an off mains supply ensuring a security of supply.
- By sending this rainwater into holding tank/s, you reducing the risk of local flooding due to excess runoff.
- You help the environment by recycling water.
- Rainwater harvesting adds a nice selling feature to your property.